The Online Course to Take Before College
to the college of your dreams! Before classes begin, you’ll want to understand how to navigate your new world. Your parents have saved and prepared for you to leave home, and now it’s your turn to finalize the groundwork they have set. This educational course will give you the knowledge and skills to begin your new life. Each lesson will guide you through a combination of video examples, web links, downloadable forms and action items that will get you ready to go. And if you still have questions when you are done, you can schedule a one-hour virtual conversation with Your Financial Mom.
Why Take This Course Before College?
You can use your summer to build your life skills:
- Be comfortable doing the ‘adult’ chores your parents aren’t there to help with
- Easily handle challenging situations with police or professors
- Be confident in your people skills as you interact with different students
- Keep control of your money so it doesn’t get out of hand
- Minimize student loans and credit card debts
- Lessen your fears with a one-on-one call with Your Financial Mom to answer your specific questions
Learn and practice the personal skills you will need to get by:
- Getting Along with Roommates
- Cooking Basics
- Be Safe
- Stay Healthy
- Getting Around
Practical Financial Skills
You know college isn’t free, so start with these simple financial skills:
- Get a Job
- Credit Cards and Student Loans
Have more questions?
Your Financial Mom offers an optional one-hour virtual meeting* so you can ask the questions that are important to you.
You will have the option to schedule time once you have completed the course.